Sunday, June 12, 2011

My first day as a blogger...........

Seven years ago I started what I can refer to as my own labor of love. It probably sounds really corny but to me it really is, and I want to share it with everybody out there.

We started restoring an old elementary school. The buildings were all simple wooden structures. My idea was to give life one more time to this set of old buildings. Liberia was growing, the local airport was about to start the first International flight, and it only seemed obvious to me at least to begin a tourist project.

So why el punto, or the dot, or the point ? I started  looking for possible names for the place. I inssisted it had to be one word, in spanish, that meant exactly what I envisioned, the place, the spot,.......I thought in spanish it doesn't sound to good.....but anyways, I kepped the name the spot.

The reasons for the name were basically the location of the place, right on the panamerican highway just meters way from the main intersection to San Jose, the Costa Rican capital, Nicaragua our northern neighboring country, the airport ofcoarse, and down town Liberia.

On top of that I envisioned the place to become the main stop or the main point or the spot, where tourists could come here to shop, to eat, to look for information, and even to rest.

That's when we started with phase one of the project or the restoration of what is now el punto Bed & Breakfast you can go online and check it out http://www.elpuntohotel.com/, and that is one hell of a story, but its 10:00 pm and I am very sleepy so I will continue later.

No comments:

Post a Comment